Past (2001) Science Advisory Panel
A new Science Advisory Panel was created in 2009 to advise the Department on technologically effective and economically feasible methods to treat wastewater.
The 2001 Science Advisory Panel was chartered during the Alaska Cruise Ship Initiative. The Panel consists of independent experts in fields such as marine pollution, oceanography, chemistry, and microbiology. The Panel advises the DEC on scientific matters related to cruise ship impacts on the Alaskan environment and public health.
- The Impact of Cruise Ship Wastewater Discharge on Alaska Waters (PDF) - November 2002
- Science Panel's interpretation of Whole Effluent Toxicity test results (PDF) - October 2002
- Lab results for Whole Effluent Toxicity tests (WET) (PDF) - August 2002
- Science Advisory Panel meeting Summary (PDF) - August 2002
- Science Advisory Panel meeting Summary (PDF) - December 2001
- Science Advisory Panel: Status Report - (PDF) August 24, 2001
- Initial Report on the July 10, 2001 Study of Opportunity of Currents and Wake Turbulence Behind Cruise Ships (PDF) - August 6, 2001
- Draft Assessment Framework (PDF) - July 2001
- Near-Field Dispersion of Wastewater Behind a Moving Large Cruise Ship (PDF) - June 26, 2001
- Wastewater Constituents to Monitor in 2001 (PDF) - June 15, 2001
- Guidelines For Whole Effluent Testing (WET) Testing (PDF)
- White Paper - Preliminary List of Topics (PDF)
- Science panel bios (PDF)