Response Planning Public Review
Welcome to the SPAR Response Planning Public Review page. This page is designed to help you navigate important information concerning Alaska’s plans for federal and State response to an oil discharge, or substantial threat of a discharge of oil and / or a release of a hazardous substance. ADEC, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – Region 10, and the United States Coast Guard (USCG) District 17 and Sector Anchorage, Sector Juneau, and Marine Safety Unit Valdez manage response operations in accordance with these planning documents. Here you will find a concise overview of information with links to detailed information for Alaska’s government planning documents.
- Prince William Sound Area Contingency Plan
No Longer Under Review
- Southeast Alaska Area Contingency Plan
- The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation and the U.S. Coast Guard were seeking public input into Version 2018.1 of the Southeast Alaska Area Contingency Plan.
- Alaska Inland Area Contingency Plan, version 2, 2020
- The AIA ACP serves as a primary guidance during a response to an oil discharge or hazardous substance release. This ACP describes the strategies of a coordinated federal, state, tribal, and local response to a discharge, or substantial threat of a discharge of oil and/or a release of a hazardous substance within the Alaska Inland Area boundaries.
- Wildlife Protection Guidelines for Oil Spill Response
- The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation and the Alaska Regional Response Team were seeking public input on the Wildlife Protection Guidelines for Oil Spill Response in Alaska (WPG), version 2020.
- Arctic and Western Alaska Area Contingency Plan, Version 2018.1
- The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation and the U.S. Coast Guard were seeking public input into Version 2018.1 of the Arctic and Western Alaska Area Contingency Plan (AWA ACP).
- Proposed Changes To Alaska’s Planning Structure (July 2018)
- Decommissioning the Unified Plan and Sub-area Plans to a Regional Contingency Plan and four Area Contingency Plans
For More Information
- Contact DEC: firstname.lastname@example.org