Apply for an Oil Discharge Prevention and Contingency Plan
This page contains links to the forms needed to apply for an oil discharge prevention and contingency plan (plan) for tank vessels, railroads and nontank vessels. If you do not know if you need a plan, please see: 18 AAC 75.400 and Do I need a Contingency Plan?
Pipelines, Oil Wells, Production Facilities, Tank Vessels, Oil Barges, Oil Terminals, Refineries, Railroads and Gas Exploration Facilities Forms and Information
- Plan Application (PDF 185K) – Use this form to apply for a new plan, renew an existing plan or apply for a plan amendment.
- Application Package Electronic Submittal – Guidance on how application package documents can be submitted to the department.
- Statement of Contractual Terms (PDF 12K) – This document is required when contracting with primary response action contractors (PRACs). A plan enlisting the help of a PRAC will not be approved without this contract.
- Technical Manual Guidance (PDF 66K) – This document explains how to effectively use technical manuals in your plan.
- Refer to 18 AAC 75.425 for plan content requirements.
- Spot Charter Amendment to an Existing Tank Vessel or Oil Barge Plan (PDF 185K) – A Spot Charter Amendment requires the plan application listed above and must include all the information listed in theSpot Charter Checklist (PDF 147K). For more information on spot charter amendments refer to the FAQ page.
- Plan Review Guidance Document (PDF 4.2M) – Use this document for guidance drafting, renewing, or updating your plan.
- Find Guidance Documents and Forms
Nontank Vessel Forms
Nontank Vessel Streamlined Plan (used by the majority of plan holders):
- NTV Streamlined Plan Approval Application and Plan Document (PDF 495K) – Use this form for all requests for plan approval. Types of plan approvals include: New plan, amendments, renewals, and reinstatement.
- NTV Streamlined Plan Notification of Voluntary Suspension or Termination (PDF 220K) – Use this form to notify the department of voluntary change to plan status to suspend or terminate a Streamlined plan.
- Refer to 18 AAC 75.426 for nontank vessel streamlined plan content requirements.