Skip to content

Anchorage DEC Office Outage

Anchorage DEC offices are experiencing a phone and internet outage. Please call the mainline of the Juneau or Fairbanks office location for assistance. Report oil and hazmat spills in the Anchorage area during business hours or statewide after-hours: 907-891-0757. During business hours, spills in Northern or Southeast regions can still be reported to the respective local response team office.

APDES Information for Tribes

APDES permits regulate wastewater discharges to protect water quality, human health, and aquatic life and require facilities to monitor, report, and conduct proper operation and maintenance procedures. Permits are based on water quality standards and achievable treatment technologies. DEC strives for a full understanding of local conditions and concerns, encourages tribal participation in the permitting process, and provides opportunities for involvement. Tribal involvement enhances the permit process and improves protection of Alaska’s natural resources.

external link indicator Indicates an external site.