2021 Certified Installer Course Registration
- The Certified Installer course provides the required training for general and specialty contractors to become certified to install conventional onsite systems as defined in 18 AAC 72.035
- The initial course may be attended by all Certified Installers, homeowners, and engineers
- The refresher course is for current Certified Installers or installers who have been certified or taken and passed the course within the last two years
- Homeowners taking the course are limited to the initial course only. Homeowner training is valid for one installation serving that individual's owner-occupied private residence within a one-year period, beginning on the date the homeowner attends the training course. The fee is listed below under "Approved Homeowner"
- Students are required to review the Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M) prior to class. Manuals are also available by pickup from any DEC office
- Those who intend to become Certified Installers must be a licensed general or specialty contractor as described in 18 AAC 72.405(a)(2) or provide proof of employment under a licensed contractor per 18 AAC 72.415(b)
- Registration is mandatory five business days prior to class start
- $100 per Certified Installer or Other Attendee
- $275 per Approved Homeowner
Course registration is closed this year. Please complete the form below to be added to a list to be notified of the 2022 course. Courses are typically held in the springtime. Alternatively please join the wastewater system listserv for news and updates.
In light of the ongoing viral outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2021 Certified Installer course will be held virtually. Course information below. Additional course information will be sent to attendees upon registration.
For additional information please contact the Department.