Certified Installer Course Registration
- The next available Certified Installer Course will be in the Spring of 2020. Please join the Engineering Support and Plan Review email list server for news and announcements for the course. Course dates and times are generally set in January
- Registration is mandatory five business days prior to class start and to ensure a spot in the classroom. Class size is limited to 25, except for the Anchorage/Mat-Su refresher class, which is limited to 18. Additional classes may be scheduled if demand warrants
- The Certified Installer course provides the required training for general and specialty contractors to become certified to install conventional onsite systems as defined in 18 AAC 72.035
- The initial course may be attended by all Certified Installers, homeowners, and engineers
- The refresher course is for current Certified Installers or installers who have been certified or taken and passed the course within the last two years
- Homeowners taking the course are limited to the initial course only. Homeowner training is valid for one installation serving that individual's owner-occupied private residence within a one-year period, beginning on the date the homeowner attends the training course. The fee is listed below under "Approved Homeowner"
- Students are required to review the Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M) prior to class. Manuals are also available by pickup from any DEC office
- Those who intend to become Certified Installers must be a licensed general or specialty contractor as described in 18 AAC 72.405(a)(2) or provide proof of employment under a licensed contractor per 18 AAC 72.415(b)
- $100 per Certified Installer or Other Attendee
- $275 per Approved Homeowner
Indicates an external site.