2021 Certified Installer Course Registration
- The Certified Installer course provides the required training for general and specialty contractors to become certified to install conventional onsite systems as defined in 18 AAC 72.035
- The initial course may be attended by all Certified Installers, homeowners, and engineers
- The refresher course is for current Certified Installers or installers who have been certified or taken and passed the course within the last two years
- Homeowners taking the course are limited to the initial course only. Homeowner training is valid for one installation serving that individual's owner-occupied private residence within a one-year period, beginning on the date the homeowner attends the training course. The fee is listed below under "Approved Homeowner"
- Students are required to review the Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M) prior to class. Manuals are also available by pickup from any DEC office
- Those who intend to become Certified Installers must be a licensed general or specialty contractor as described in 18 AAC 72.405(a)(2) or provide proof of employment under a licensed contractor per 18 AAC 72.415(b)
- Registration is mandatory five business days prior to class start
- $100 per Certified Installer or Other Attendee
- $275 per Approved Homeowner
In light of the ongoing viral outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2021 Certified Installer course will be held virtually. Course information below. Additional course information will be sent to attendees upon registration.
Class sessions will be recorded and viewable for a timeframe after the class ends for course registrants that are unable to attend the live training sessions.
For additional information please contact the Department.