2020 Certified Installer Course Registration
- The Certified Installer course provides the required training for general and specialty contractors to become certified to install conventional onsite systems as defined in 18 AAC 72.035
- The initial course may be attended by all Certified Installers, homeowners, and engineers
- The refresher course is for current Certified Installers or installers who have been certified or taken and passed the course within the last two years
- Homeowners taking the course are limited to the initial course only. Homeowner training is valid for one installation serving that individual's owner-occupied private residence within a one-year period, beginning on the date the homeowner attends the training course. The fee is listed below under "Approved Homeowner"
- Students are required to review the Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M) prior to class. Manuals are also available by pickup from any DEC office
- Those who intend to become Certified Installers must be a licensed general or specialty contractor as described in 18 AAC 72.405(a)(2) or provide proof of employment under a licensed contractor per 18 AAC 72.415(b)
- Registration is mandatory five business days prior to class start and to ensure a spot in the classroom. Class size is limited to 25, except for the Anchorage/Mat-Su refresher class, which is limited to 18. Additional classes may be scheduled if demand warrants
- $100 per Certified Installer or Other Attendee
- $275 per Approved Homeowner
In light of the ongoing viral outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), all 2020 initial Certified Installer courses are cancelled. Refunds will be issued for everyone currently enrolled for the initial Certified Installer training. Contractors who are not certified can still install systems under the supervision/inspection of a professional engineer.
Contractor's affected by this cancellation will be added to the Department's list for notification of the next available courses, tentatively in Spring 2021. It is recommended to join the Department's listserv for the latest news and announcements.
All refresher courses are postponed until further notice. The Department intends to reschedule the refresher courses after the summer construction season. For those currently registered, the course fee paid will be applied to the future course when scheduled.
Additional, all current certifications will be administratively extended until the next available course. Either a one-year or two-year certification fee is required by May 1. Communication will be sent directly to installers affected.
For additional information please contact the Department.