Engineering Support and Plan Review
Onsite Disposal Systems
Onsite disposal systems (OSDS), called septic systems, are widely used in Alaska. Proper installation and care of these onsite systems by homeowners and contractors is essential to maintaining the health of the system, public health and Alaska's environment. This program provides training for proper installation of conventional OSDS.
In areas with difficult site conditions, poor soil or high groundwater conditions that can't support a conventional system an alternative OSDS may be needed. In some instances a waiver may be required. These systems must be designed by an engineer and plans must be reviewed and approved by the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation prior to construction.
Conventional Onsite System
News and Updates
- Coronavirus Resources for Water and Wastewater Operators via the Operator Training & Certification Program
- Join our list server for email updates, news and announcements
- Wastewater Disposal 18 AAC 72 (PDF 234K)
- Water Quality 18 AAC 70 (PDF 833K)
- Onsite Wastewater System Installation Manual (OWSIM) with Interim Guidance (PDF 7.47M)
- ESPR Invoice (PDF 425K)
- ESPR Invoice FAQ's