Please follow the instructions below for the downloadable version of DEC 's interactive training course:
- Download the Interactive Training CD (ZIP 138 MB)
- The download manager will ask "What do you want to do with adec-septic.zip". Select "Open". Depending on your download speed, this may take a few minutes.
- When file has finished downloading, a window will open showing the adec-septic.zip file. Open the file.
- Open adec-septic.exe
- Select the "Extract all" option; choose a destination for extracted files or leave the default location.
- When the file has been extracted, a window will open showing the ADEC_Septic file. Open the file.
- Open ADEC_Septic.exe. The executable file now has a red icon with white arrow.
- Select "run" to being the interactive training course.
- Follow the instructions to complete the course and the test questions.
- At the end of the course, when you have answered all of the questions correctly, you will be able to pring the application for the Approved Homeowners Program.
- Please fill this form out and mail or bring in your application and payment to your local DEC office.
- If you are not able to download a copy of the Interactive Training CD and would like one mailed to you, or if you require further information, contact your local DEC office or Ryan Peterson at DEC/Soldotna Area Office. Ryan may be contacted at 907-262-3402, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The Mat-Su DEC office strongly recommends that homeowner-installers hire a Professional Engineer to oversee the design and construction of their septic system (see option 1). If an engineer provides oversight of the design and installation, the homeowner-installer fee and the test are not required.