The Solid Waste Program regulates health and environmental compliance at these facilities through a combination of design review, permits and authorizations, inspections, monitoring, and compliance assistance. Program staff are dedicated to improving compliance and permitting at all solid waste facilities in Alaska.
Fees: Solid waste regulations were updated in October 2017. This included fee revisions, which are found in Tables E-1 - E-4 on pages 85-90. A full copy of the regulations are available at 18 AAC 60.
Training and Conferences
- Solid Waste Summit: March 19-21, 2019
- RALO – Rural Landfill Operator Training: April 23-25, 2019 (PDF)
- Composting Solid Waste: June 11-13, 2019 (Anchorage)
- The Business of Trash: June 26-27, 2019 (Barrow)
- Backhaul and HHW: July 23-25, 2019 (Bethel)
- Backhaul and HHW: September 25-27, 2019 (Anchorage)
- Register for Solid Waste Monthly Teleconferences