Welcome to the Department of Environmental Conservation
Conserving, improving, and protecting Alaska's natural resources and environment
to enhance the health, safety, and economic and social well-being of Alaskans.
- DEC Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- On July 1, 1971, the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) was created. We’ve been protecting human health and the environment for 50 years! During this year of our Golden Anniversary, join us as we look back over DEC’s many accomplishments.
- Federal correspondence regarding contaminated sites
- Governor Dunleavy and Commissioner Brune recently sent letters to the Biden Administration demanding action and calling attention to contaminated sites on federally conveyed lands.
- Notice of Commissioner's Decision
- Commissioner Jason Brune transmitted his decision to the Office of Adjudicatory Hearings regarding DEC’s issuance of a Certificate of Reasonable Assurance for Donlin Gold’s United States Army Corps of Engineers 404 permit.