Passing a certification exam does not result in issuance of a certificate.
You must apply for certification after passing an exam by submitting an application and the $100 application fee. Submitting an application does not guarantee certification. OpCert's final decision may result in a lower level of certification than what you're seeking or may not result in certification at all. The application fee is non-refundable, regardless of the decision.
Ways to Apply for Certification
Apply Using Your Online Operator Profile
- Establish your online operator profile by following the directions.
- Enter all your operator experience and check your eligibility for certification.
- If you are eligible, then click on the "Apply for Certification" button. You will be prompted to pay the application fee.
Apply by Mail
- Complete the "Application for Operator Certification" form and mail it with the $100 application fee to:
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Operator Training and Certification Program
- P.O. Box 111800
- Juneau, AK 99811-1800
Apply by Email
- Pay the $100 application fee online.
- Complete the "Application for Operator Certification" form, obtain the signatures required on page 6, scan it, and email it
along with a copy of your payment receipt to email@example.com.
Application for Operator Certification Forms:
Incomplete or unsigned applications will be returned without review.
There are occasionally issues with downloading the "Application for Operator Certification" pdf using Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. You may see this "error" when clicking on one of the PDF links above:
In Firefox, to download the form click on the "Open With Different Viewer" button or download icon on the top right of the screen.
In Chrome and Opera, to download the form click on the download icon on the top right of the screen.
Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
Operator Training and Certification Program
P.O. Box 111800
Juneau, AK 99811-1800
Phone Number: 907-465-1139
Fax Number: 907-465-5177
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org