Large Water and Wastewater Systems Operator
Notice Concerning Exams
Online ABC ExamsAll the online testing centers have reopened but in a limited capacity and appointments are necessary.
The reopening of the testing centers is subject to change depending on the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There will be social distancing and other safety requirements in place at the testing centers. Be sure to contact the testing center ahead of time and learn about their examinee requirements before going in to take your test.
Paper-Based ABC ExamsPaper-based exams may be available to be administered in some rural communities. Please contact the Operator Certification Program for availability.
Water Treatment Provisional, 1, 2, 3, 4
Water Distribution Provisional, 1, 2, 3, 4
Wastewater Treatment Provisional, 1, 2, 3, 4
Wastewater Stabilization Pond
Wastewater Collection Provisional, 1, 2, 3, 4
- Getting Certified
- Apply for Certification
- Wastewater Stabilization Pond (WWSP) or Wastewater Lagoon Certification
- How DEC Determines Eligibility
- Reciprocity with Other States
- What Certification is Right for You?
- Review Your Certification
- Order a Replacement Certificate
- Create Your Online Operator Profile