Operator Training & Certification Program
Notice Concerning Exams
Online ABC Exams
The reopening of the testing centers is subject to change depending on the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There will be social distancing and other safety requirements in place at the testing centers. Be sure to contact the testing center ahead of time and learn about their examinee requirements before going in to take your test.
All other online testing centers are still closed.
Paper Based ABC Exams
Paper based exams may be available to be administered in some rural communities. Please contact the Operator Certification Program for availability.
Operator Certification Compliance Guidance during the COVID-19 Outbreak
- The Operator Certification Compliance Guidance during the COVID-19 Outbreak addresses concerns for the proper operation of water/wastewater systems during the outbreak.
Coronavirus Resources for Water and Wastewater Operators
Alaskan Operator Code of Ethics
To the best of my ability, I will strive to provide good service, protect and preserve public health, public property and the environment by correctly operating water supply and wastewater system equipment, properly completing required reports, adhering to relevant State and Federal regulations, continuing my education in the field, and working with my utility managers to establish clear operating policies for facilities I operate.
2019 Water System Excellence Award
- Look up operator information in the Operator Database
- How to access your "Online Operator Profile"
- Small Untreated and Small Treated Water Systems
- Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, & Lagoons
- Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Instructions for Renewing your Certificates Online
- Exams Passed in the Last 90 Days
- AWWA Exam Study Tactics (PDF)
- Dan DeSloover
- Brandi Adams
- Vacant (Capacity Development Coordinator)
- Kirk Haug