Certificates are not issued when Provisional Level exams are passed.
An application must be submitted to request certification.
- The course must be approved by the Operator Certification Program (OpCert) and listed on the Alaska Training Coalition Calendar minimum of 45 days before the proposed course date. Cancelled courses must be immediately reported to OpCert. Course date changes must be reported to and approved by the OpCert. Course approval and change requests must be submitted in writing.
- Exam Request Forms must be received by OpCert staff fourteen (14) days prior to the course start date. Late requests will not be accepted. The request forms may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to OpCert staff.
- Course Timeline:
- Minimum of 45 days prior to the course start date, the course must be approved by OpCert staff and listed on the Alaska Training Coalition Calendar.
- Fourteen (14) days prior to the course start date, the course provider must submit the Exam Request Form (PDF) to OpCert staff.
- OpCert staff will arrange a proctor for the exam.
- OpCert staff will mail the exams to the proctor about a week prior to the start of the course.
- Each examinee must fill out the Provisional Level Exam Registration Form (PDF) prior to taking the exam.
- Immediately following the completion of the exam, the proctor will mail back all exam materials and registration forms to OpCert staff.
- Upon receipt of the exam materials, OpCert staff will invoice the course provider for application and exam fees. The proctor will not be responsible for collecting exam fees. Collection of fees is the course sponsor's responsibility.
- Upon receipt of fees, exams will be processed and results mailed out.
- View exam status.
- View Passed Exams