Wastewater Discharge Permits
Permit Application Forms Portal
The water permit application forms portal provides links to permit applications for discharge of pollutants to waters of the United States (i.e. surface waters), as well as for discharges to land and subsurface. An operator of a facility that proposes to discharge to surface waters must apply for an Alaska Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (APDES) permit. If the discharge is not to surface waters (i.e. the discharge is to land or subsurface), then the operator applies for a state permit.
- Domestic and Municipal Wastewater - is water-borne human wastes or graywater from dwellings, commercial buildings, institutions, or similar structures. Domestic wastewater includes the contents of individual removable containers used to collect and temporarily store human wastes.
- Industrial Wastewater - is a discharge from industrial or nondomestic activities.
- Seafood Processing Wastewater - information and applications for obtaining seafood wastewater discharge permits.
- Storm Water - information and applications for storm water discharges from construction activities, industrial activities, and municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4s). For CGP and MSGP Notice of Termination (NOT) forms go to the Stormwater eNOI Page.
- Small Suction Dredge Registration - See the SSD FAQ Sheet ( PDF)
- On-Site Disposal Systems - information regarding on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems.
- Wastewater Plan Review Checklists - wastewater engineering plan submittal checklist.
- Dental Office Rule - One-time Compliance Report ( PDF) New - February 2020 - This One-Time Compliance Report must be completed by all dental offices subject to the Dental Office Category Rule 40 CFR Part 441 that discharge to a publicly owned treatment works (POTW) without an approved pretreatment program. See Section H for further instructions on who must complete this report and a list of POTWs with approved pretreatment programs.
- Temporary Camps - consolidated application for drinking water, food service, solid waste disposal, and domestic wastewater treatment adn disposal.
- Name Change / Permit Transfer for Wastewater Discharge Permit ( PDF) - Use this form to notify DEC if the name of a facility has changed or if ownership has transfered to another party.
- Delegation of Signature Authority ( PDF) - Use this form to delegate signature authority to an individual authorized to act as signatory official for purposes of signing APDES permits and reports. Updated - March 2020
- APDES Program Notice of Termination Form ( PDF) - Use this form to notify DEC of a request to terminate an APDES permit.
- Form 2-G - Antidegradation Form ( PDF)