Skip to content

Wastewater Discharge Permits

Permit Application Forms Portal

The water permit application forms portal provides links to permit applications for discharge of pollutants to waters of the United States (i.e. surface waters), as well as for discharges to land and subsurface. An operator of a facility that proposes to discharge to surface waters must apply for an Alaska Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (APDES) permit. If the discharge is not to surface waters (i.e. the discharge is to land or subsurface), then the operator applies for a state permit.

The type of permit or authorization required depends on the type of discharge and if the discharge is to surface waters or land.

external link indicator Indicates an external site.